Relationships.

American Heritage Dictionary
re·la·tion·ship

1. The condition or fact of being related; connection or association.
2. Connection by blood or marriage; kinship.
3. A particular type of connection existing between people related to or having dealings with each other: has a close relationship with his siblings.
4. A romantic or sexual involvement.

Relationships are the hardest things in life. Maintaining them, without controlling them. Nurturing them without smothering them. Having new ones without loosing contact with old ones.

Today for example I told a friend I was worried for him and his response was "But . . . you've never met me." This is true, being that he is a friend of a friends, but non-the-less we are now friends. I told him "doesn't mean your pain isn't real".

As I stepped back and looked at the conversation, I realized how often I feel exactly how he did. It's hard when you feel so clouded in your pain. You wonder why or how someone can see the pain you desperately try to hide. But don't want to be alone in.

To people who I have met I sometimes want to say "But... you've never met me". Maybe I should remember that it doesn't mean my pain isn't real.


Note worthy:
http://toslayadragon.deviantart.com/art/Anxiety-67572121

0 comments: