An eye opener.

I had an interesting thing said to me this week. My friend said to me "it's a good thing you didn't go to *that place* (to keep things simple)", and she went on to say "yeah, it turns out they are overtly radical, hypocritical, and superficial" something along those lines at least.

I didn't think much of it until tonight at Axis. We were talking about meaning. I started to think about this life decision I chose not to do. It's been a year since deciding not to go and I always wonder if I should have. When my friend told me this, being that her friend DID go and is there, I finally felt as if that question has been answered.

I was trying to find myself, and running was my answer. Even if I thought or justified that running with my intended cause. Hindsight is always 20/20 right?

1 comments:

Daniel Rhoten said...

Hey Whitnee. You're linked. You have to give me some link love too now though - that's bloglaw.

I'm so wanting to know what "that place" is now!

Was it one of those decisions where you said "no", but you didn't really know why you said/decided no? More of a hunch feeling than hard logic?

I've had those, and wow - 20/20 crystal clear!

Sometimes you have to run to find yourself.

Glad you're here!