Sunday.




Well I spent the majority of today with fever. I haven't had one of those for along time. It caused a pretty serious headache all day too. So I spent my Sunday watching movies with Nathan and trying to cope with it. I don't mind a low-key Sunday, actually I prefer it. Less to do is better.

The photoshoot went very well on Saturday! It was a lot of fun! We drove around town looking for interesting places. My favourite time was as the sun went down, and the sky was orange. It made for some interesting exposures. My model, Corina(my best friend), was really patient with me as I figured out the camera (that I borrowed), looked for creative inspiration and as I asked her to sit in trees. Heh, it was worth it.

I had a crash course in manual mode. I've never actually used a digital SLR. Yeah I've played around with them but never learned the manual menus. I do however have a lot of experience with film cameras, so once I figured out how to translate what I knew about film, to digital, it made the whole day a lot easier. Next photoshoot I do, I hope to use more F stops, rather than just shutterspeeds (I made it less complicated by being on manual mode, with a set f-stop and flipping through the shutterspeeds). Ah, it was so refreshing to be photographing again!

6 comments:

Ashlee said...

Beautiful photos! I have to say the first one is my favorite. I love the light coming in, and the vibrant colors, it's gorgeous.

I hope you woke up today with lots of energy, and no fever.

Monday's are an odd day. And I think that book puts it well. It's the day that ends your weekend, puts you back on your diet and makes you 5 days away from the weekend. My Monday's are horrible days, I have work for 6 hours and class for another 6, I'm out of the house from 7am to 11pm. It's exhausting, it's draining, but it's so I'll be a better teacher. And with some mini-mission to focus on I find Monday's to be more soothing. Ideally, I want to love going to work, and I want to stop counting down to Friday's.

Daniel Rhoten said...

hey Whit

the middle one's a beaut - good lighting, very retro feel - nice work

hey, you want to write an article for my blog on how you shot these and what inspired you. i have a new blog called Revamp the Icon. let me know, it would be great!

Ashlee said...

"our movements echo" not moments, although our moments echo is also a beautiful sentiment (did I write moments? I should go back and check!) We have "Nostrum Tractus Refero" engraved in our wedding band for the Latin version. :) Since we have always been Latin nerds.

Ashlee said...

:D Latin's awesome ... if only it was still spoken, that would be supreme :D

Ashlee said...

new blog entry needed!

I need a new blog photo, you should take cute photos of me next time I see you! :D I can't wait 'til you take all kinds of cute photos of my kids ... when I have kids!

What are your plans for Easter? Mom and I don't have plans yet, so who knows what'll happen.

Divine in the Daily EJPhotography said...

great pics whit!