Sunday: Hobbies, the day before noon, and the flu.

Sunday

I had another epiphany. Well it wasn't entirely an an epiphany I would say (cause I've known it all along) but I've come to yet another conclusion! I really needed a hobby. I had already set my eyes on sewing (again) and today I bought the remaining supplies to begin making this. I also ended up with this. So all in all I have my new hobby started, at least a little bit. Couple trips for zippers, and other miscellaneous things, and I'll be able to finish the second project as well! I will be using the fabric I mentioned a couple posts back for both projects, actually. Here is a direct link to both of the pattern books I mentioned earlier as well (the source of many ideas for my new hobby.) Lotta Jansdotter's Simple Sewing and Amy Butler's In Stitches.

The clutch (my first project) is on page 131 of "In Stitches". I'm hoping this will help with the down time I tend to have on Sunday's and other random days. Just something to focus my energy on. :)


The Day before noon. It's been a couple days since I've been up before noon. This whole week being sick has worn me out, and I barely did anything. But everyday I wasn't up early, I felt lazy and unproductive. (Which is what I was being). So I've made it a little goal to get better at not sleeping away my day and experiencing the day before noon.

As for my flu. It's pretty much gone. I'm left with a cough, which, is way better than most everything I had this week. I'm alive, that's what counts.

Saturday night, Nathan and I helped out at a Sickle Cell Anemia Benefit downtown. We helped my boss, and his partner (for the event), they're photographers. We brought along with us a printer. It prints instantly from the camera to the printer. Which impressed guests who were use to waiting in the mail for their photograph. As an added bonus: the photographs are better than normal printed photos. After 2 hours, however, even I became a little weary of putting photographs in sleeves. All in all it was fun and I was glad to do it.


The weather has been especially nice lately. I was able to enjoy it this weekend, even if it was just walking to my car, I walked just a little slower to enjoy the breeze, and sunshine.

2 comments:

Ashlee said...

I know! I thought $99 was a great deal! It's big though, so I'll have to measure it out, but I'd really love to own one! We have a piece of original art in every room of our house! I like it that way!

I love the sewing projects you picked up! Very cute! I think it'll turn out really well. The clutch looks a bit bigger then a Vera Bradley one, right?

Well, I'm off to work on the bathroom. Will post photos later tonight!!

Ashlee said...

I'll show her now!!