Day 37: 1AM, again!

Is it really one in the morning? Another night in a row? Wow. No wonder I'm tired.


Latest inspirations:


Photography; I haven't been doing this at all lately. This past weekend, however, I took the opportunity to take as many photos as I could, being that a mutual friend is heading to France tomorrow (for 2 years).

I have a Lomography (www.Lomography.com) "Fish Eye" camera that I have been dying to use, and develop film from. (I probably paid way too much for this film/novelty camera but oh well.) So I finished off a roll and a half, and I cannot wait to develop it. Here's a description of this nove cam:

"The world’s only 35mm camera with a built-in fisheye lens! It sees a sweeping 170-degree view – compacting everything around you into a compact circular image. Get right up to your subject’s nose for slamming distortion effects. Huge depth of field renders both the foreground and background in complete focus. Its premium glass lens offers bright colors and knockout contrast. Rocks a built-in electronic flash for use day or night. Uses normal 35mm film that can be processed anywhere." -www.Lomography.com

You can easily get one at Urban Oufitters, or at Lomography's website. But beware camera aficionados, the website offers many a cool tool.


Speaking of cool tools. I have discovered the Canon 5D. A little late, I know, but I am still rather impressed by this FULL FRAME camera. At $1500 (on Ebay, $2,000 elsewhere) you can own this well rated machine.

I think I am going to stick to the little gun of my price range. The Rebel Xti. It's about all I need for my purposes, and a huge step from the point-and-shoots that I am accustomed too. Luckily I'll be taking one out this Saturday for a photoshoot.

Side note: A new Rebel is in town. The Rebel XSi is 12.2 megapixel (a small jump from the Xti's 10 megapixels), digital SLR. If anyone would like to donate one to me,
I prefer the black.... Otherwise I will stick to saving. For more on Canon's newest Rebel click here.



Other Inspirations:

Fabric; While at a fabric store the other day, I fell across a 99 cent roll of pink polka dot material. I than bought 10 yards of it and called it a day. It's a light weight fabric, but very fun. I haven't decided what to do with it yet, but it's still here, being inspiring.

Pattern books; Since picking up a book in San Francisco, two trips ago, I have picked up one more. These books have neat photographs with directions on simple to difficult sewing projects. Good thing I have that 10 yards. For more hobby books please visit the publisher of my two books, here.

Graphic Design//Photoshop//CMYK; I'm trying to fill my life with inspirational design and work that I admire. It's not hard to find awesome works of digital art, but remembering and learning from is a whole 'nother story. As I enter the world of fashion, hair and graphic design I'm starting to cut, save, notice design around me. It's paying off creatively.


Well that does it, folks. Been to Barnes & Noble lately?

3 comments:

Divine in the Daily EJPhotography said...

i can't wait to see your photos! i love lomography - have you seen any of my 'lomo' pics on flickr? I cheat by using photoshop, cuz i'm too cheap to buy a camera and pay for film, but i love it.

bring 'em on sunday.

RachelDenbow said...

Well, I'd love to see them, too! I've been eyeing the lomo cameras, the fish-eyes, etc. from the UO website. I think it'd be tough to go back to film right now. Digital is so free!

Also, didn't know you were a fabric/sewing fan. We should talk shop.

Rachel

Ashlee said...

http://californiageese.blogspot.com/