Day 25, 2008: A day to reflect.

Today was my twentieth birthday. I had more well wishes than I could ever know what to do with. It was very uplifting.

The mountains. Wow. See in the valley, as most people know, we don't often see the Sierra Nevada's but today, they were beautiful. It was like a smile and blessing from God. As I'm driving see something that I've never see from Fresno. Beautiful.

I couldn't have asked for a better day, weather wise. It was sunny with clouds. Chilly but not freezing. And the rain? What rain! I had a whole day without it.

I spent most of my day at work, which was fine. I really do like working there (despite missing a few days here or there). I enjoy what I work on, and figuring it out. When I get frustrated, I close it. I go back to it later. Etcetera.

I just felt really good about the day. I appreciated all the people who took the time out to show they cared, on a day that is important to me.

After I came home, changed and waited for Nathan, we headed to dinner. We spent the night with our friends, who I love dearly. Each one of them brings a different personality to the table. It was kind of neat to intermingle, my friends and his. It was a good time.


In the end I thank God for every moment of the day, even the moments where I felt a little uncertain or a little overwhelmed. I just had to keep taking deep breaths and remembering why I'm here, why I live and how to live. To laugh, smile and have a good time. Life isn't perfect. But today was my day.

0 comments: