My Sunday: Chinese fortune cookie

My Sunday: Chinese fortune cookie

"Today It's up to you to create the peacefulness you long for."

Sometimes I wonder if He's trying to speak to me. Sometimes I wonder if I'm even listening. It's blunt and it's obvious. It's easier to wallow in yourself, wallow in your doubt and drown in your pain.

My sister once shared with me that "happiness is a choice". But what happens when everyday you choose to be happy but the pain and frustration you feel still doesn't go away? I personally feel like a failure. It's much easier for me to comfort others than myself. I am the definition of "take your own advice".

2 comments:

Ashlee said...

LOL I didn't even notice the other two were the cats! HA!

It's really hard to be 'content' in your own skin. But no one is perfect, and you have so many talents. You need to embrace them and enjoy your life for the good that's in it. There will always be bad, and it's hard not to focus on the bad, but you need to do all you can to focus on the good.

For me, it'd be really easy right now to be stressed and on edge and depressed because our finances suck. And some days I am. But I choose to be happy for the good things. Brian, my animals, mom, you, dad, jer, et cetra. (and of course now my baby!)

Ashlee said...

update!